Baby sleeping in cradle charred to death in TN

MADURAI: A six-month-old baby girl was charred to death in on Tuesday after its caught fire accidentally.
Police identified the deceased as Priyadharshini, daughter of Suresh,32 and his wife Suganya,25.

Suresh, an electrician by profession, his wife, two sons (aged four and five years) and six-month-old daughter were living in a single-room house at Reddiarpatti in Tiruneveli.

On Tuesday, Suganya boiled milk on her kerosene stove. She gave milk to the baby. When the baby slept, she went out. After a while, she returned home and found the cradle burnt and baby sleeping in it charred to death.

Sources said the embers from the stove might have flown and caused the fire to cradle, killing the girl.

The Perumalpuram police registered a case.

Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device. in English and other languages.