It comes after more than 30 men claimed they were victims of unwanted sexual advances by the shamed Hollywood star.

several accusations against Spacey.

Los Angeles District Attorney spokesman Greg Risling said of the latest allegation: “A sex assault case was presented to us by the Los Angeles County Sheriff‘s Department involving Kevin Spacey.

“It remains under review.”

This is the second sexual assault case against Spacey being dealt with by LA prosecutors, as the district attorney‘s office revealed in April it was looking into .

The latest case also dates back to that year.

Representatives for the actor did not immediately return requests for comment on Wednesday.

Image: Kevin Spacey's latest film reportedly made just $98 in its opening weekend

The Oscar-winning actor‘s new film on its opening day in US cinemas on Friday 17 August.

The film was his last project before he faced a string of sexual assault allegations dating back to the 1980s.

The fallout resulted in Spacey, who won a best actor Oscar in 2000 for “American Beauty,” being dropped from the final
season of the Netflix series House of Cards and removed from the 2017 movie All the Money in the World.

Netflix in January reported a $39m write-off on Spacey-related projects.

He served as artistic director of London‘s Old Vic theatre for 12 years.

The theatre said last year that it received 20 accusations of inappropriate conduct by Spacey between 1995 and 2013.