Nabi Fekir insists only Liverpool can reveal the truth behind his failure to complete a move to the this summer.

The 25-year-old appeared destined to complete a £60million move to Anfield ahead of the , but after a medical reportedly raised concerns over a previous knee injury the deal collapsed.

Liverpool attempted to resurrect the transfer, albeit at a reduced fee, but Lyon steadfastly refused to adjust their valuation.

Chelsea were credited with a late interested in the gifted playmaker but Fekir remains at Lyon and made his first appearance of the season as a 79th minute substitute in Friday night’s 2-0 win over Strasbourg.

More:

Advertisement Advertisement

Afterwards, he said: ‘I heard a lot of things. The real reason? Only Liverpool know.

‘These things happen, it’s just how it is. We have to move on, it’s well in the past now.

‘I have totally come to terms with the failed transfer to Liverpool.’

Fekir’s comments contrast with those of his manager Bruno Genesio who claimed earlier this week that the club captain had struggled to come to terms with the collapse of his dream move.

He said: ‘It is never easy accepting this kind of situation, when you are very near to signing for a club where you want to go.

‘Where you want to reach another level and to give a boost to your career.

‘But as I said, it could have been worse for him. He is at Lyon, at a strong club, he is captain of a team who plays in the Champions League.’

More:

Advertisement Advertisement