Siblings can be annoying at times, but there is no denying that you can‘t live without them. A brother-sister bond is pure, with deep understanding, unadulterated and unconditional love. We have shared something unforgettable with them which cannot be shared with anyone else — our childhood. We all can relate that though we might not express our love for our siblings that often, we do love them and will always have their back.
Literature across the world has portrayed this special bond beautifully through various tales and memorable quotes. On this Raksha Bandhan, we share some lovely quotes by famous authors on this brother-sister bond.
1. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
2. “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
3. “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
4. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.”– Susan Scarf Merrell
5. “I don‘t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood or brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.” – Maya Angelou
6. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.”– Esther M. Friesner
7. “Children of the same family; the same blood; with the same first associations and habits; have some means of enjoyment in their power; which no subsequent connections can supply.”– Jane Austen
8. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.”– Sam Levenson
9. “What sets sisters apart from brothers and also from friends is a very intimate meshing of heart, soul and the mystical cords of memory.”– Carol Saline
10. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
(All Images: Shutterstock)
Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device. in English and other languages.