GURUGRAM: The 16-year-old girl, who was held captive in a in Gurugram’s Chauma village for three months and raped repeatedly by a private security guard, has been confirmed . She’s into her second month of pregnancy. After speaking to the survivor and her mother, the child welfare committee (CWC) has reportedly approved the request for by the teenager, who wants to “wipe off memories of her three-month travail”.

Doctors at Civil Hospital, under whose observation the survivor has been kept since Friday, will proceed to terminate the pregnancy once they receive the formal approval from the CWC. A doctor said the earlier an unwanted pregnancy is terminated the better it is for the mother, with the latest it can be done safely being before 20 weeks of pregnancy. The abortion is likely to be carried out on Tuesday.

The teenager, originally from West Bengal, was abducted by a security guard sometime in May, kept in captivity for three months and raped repeatedly, while her parents, who had moved to Gurugram several years ago, were visiting their village in West Bengal, leaving her alone. The guard, Mohammed Aalam Manjar (25) is a married man who was known to her.

Dr Pankaj Aggarwal, PMO of Civil Hospital, said the survivor is two months pregnant. CWC chairman Shakuntala Dhull could not be ed after several attempts, but the case investigating officer confirmed abortion has been approved after receiving consent from the survivor and her mother.

The room at the centre of the horrifying tale is located in Sahib Kunj colony in New Palam Vihar. The survivor managed to escape from it on August 22, after which, the landlord, observing that his tenant — the accused — had not returned after two days and couldn’t be ed on cell phone, leased out the room to another tenant.

“The room is located towards the fag end of a narrow street in Sahib Kunj. Inside, there is a gallery, with another room inside. We visited the spot again today (Monday), and found the room locked. Neighbours told us the landlord had given it out on rent again,” said the investigating officer.

Sources said on the night of August 12, the survivor’s father and brother accosted the guard while the latter was on the way to a chemist’s shop to buy medicine, after they heard rumours that the guard had abducted the survivor. They allegedly thrashed the guard, though he managed to escape. When his wife came to know of this incident, she was led to believe her husband was having an “affair” with the survivor, based on which, she moved to police on August 14 along with a neighbour and filed a complaint against the father and the brother.

“Our investigation revealed the guard’s wife knew of his sexual relationship with the girl. On the night of August 14, when he didn’t return home, she filed an FIR (number 514, under Section 365 of IPC, on kidnapping) at Palam Vihar police station, accusing the survivor’s father and brother of abducting her husband, and of the survivor living consensually with her husband,” said a senior investigating official.

The father was detained by police for questioning, when it came out that the accused had held his daughter captive.

(With additional inputs from Bagish Jha)

Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device. in English and other languages.