By – Associated Press – Wednesday, August 22, 2018

LOS ANGELES (AP) – The Latest on a legal settlement between actress and an actor who says she sexually assaulted him when he was 17 (all times local):

2 p.m.

A young actor who alleged in legal documents that actress sexually assaulted him when he was 17 says his trauma resurfaced when came out as a victim of sexual assault herself.

The statement released Wednesday through an attorney by , now 22, is his first public comment since a Sunday New York Times story saying reached a legal settlement with him last year over an alleged sexual assault in a California hotel room.

says he initially chose to deal with the situation privately and until now has been “ashamed and afraid” to speak publicly.

His comments come a day after denied having a sexual relationship with him.

The 42-year-old has been a key figure in the #MeToo movement since alleging last year that Harvey Weinstein raped her when she was 21.

___

8 a.m.

Italian actress and filmmaker has backed out of curating a Dutch music festival after a young actor accused her of sexual assault.

Organizers of the “Le Guess Who?” festival said in a statement Wednesday that “due to the volatile nature of the accusations surrounding , she has chosen to withdraw from her curatorship of this year’s edition, while these issues remain open.”

, a prominent #MeToo activist, was one of the curators of the festival which takes place in the city of Utrecht in November.

Actor claimed , then 37, sexually assaulted him when he was 17 in 2013. denied ever having a sexual relationship with , whom she agreed to pay $380,000 in a settlement.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our before commenting.

 

Click to and View Comments

Click to Hide